Clan Bell North America is a charitable nonprofit organization of Scottish, English, Irish Bell descendants and friends dedicated to the study of Bell genealogy, family history and heritage as they relate to their roots in Scottish and ancient history. All is done in support of the perpetuation of Bell and Scottish family heritage and traditions. CBNA is a 501(c)(3) organization, and is registered as a charity with the State of North Carolina
Bells from all parts of the world, of all vocations and persuasions have often sought to gather together to fellowship with each other while also trying to find out who they are and how they are related to each other. Their common bond is being named "Bell" or one of its many spelling variations (that were often dictated by pronunciation, enunciation and/or plain bad hearing by the second party!)
The formal organization known as Clan Bell is made up of Bell family and descendants (and those interested in supporting the aims of the organization) who may have a desire to:
- Engage (or not) with other Bells in fellowship;
- Develop and share genealogical and DNA information;
- Integrate the various Bell lines into one supportive and overarching Bell family organization that supports the re-establishment of a clan chief;
- Promote Bell family activities/research that may be beneficial to many;
- Help educate others of near and past Bell individual/family accomplishments and heritage, especially as it relates to the lands in which they have lived and are living.
We diligently seek to join together with the Bells in Canada and the United States to build a stronger Clan Bell-Clan Bell North America. We are also committed to working closely with our partners in Australia, New Zealand and other parts of the world-we work to support the world-wide Clan Bell.
David E. Bell
2013 - 2018